Thursday, July 13, 2017

Why Not Now?

By Raquel "Rocky" Herron, Fitness Manager

Well, I can't believe we're halfway through 2017! I tell you, the time flies when you're having fitness fun!

On a serious note, I'd like to address an issue that most of us have probably fallen victim to at least once or twice in our lives. What is that issue? Procrastination. I think it's fair to say that many of us tend to procrastinate in at least one area, laundry in my case! I can't explain procrastination, or why some choose it more than others. What I can tell you is this, your health and fitness are NOT areas you want to procrastinate in! That's why this article is entitled, "why not now?" I'm simply asking, what's holding you back, why can't you start getting healthy this very minute? Let's look at some common stumbling blocks and ways you can avoid them.

I hear it all the time, "I'm too (insert negative comment we use to degrade ourselves) to go to the gym." What do you "need" to walk through the doors of Pearce and attend a fitness class or visit the weight room? You don't "need" to be anything other than willing to work hard and make a positive change in your life. Stop thinking you need to get in shape before you come to BODYPUMP class. That's why we're here, to help you! I want to help you, as do all the instructors and trainers here at Pearce. Use us! We'll help get you get on track and offer you encouragement and motivation.

What else do I hear all the time? "I'll start Monday." Why not now? What is this proverbial Monday and why does it have such a hold on us? I see and hear it all too often. There is not one special day to start being healthy. It's not, "after this vacation," or "I'll start when I get through these deadlines." Change your thinking right now! Grab some water instead of walking to the soda machine. Ditch the Snickers® and instead grab an apple with some almond butter. Take the stairs to your third floor office and avoid the elevator. There are several ways you can start being healthy right now! Your health will NOT wait for you! Small changes turn into bigger ones and all of a sudden you've created healthy habits. It's a snowball effect and eventually leading a healthy lifestyle becomes less of a chore and more like second nature.

"I don't know what to do." This is a concern I hear from time to time and it's definitely a stumbling block that's worth mentioning. There is so much information out there regarding health, fitness, and nutrition, that it can be overwhelming to someone who's just starting out. Even as a trainer and instructor, I'm bombarded with information from both sides of the fence. The best advice I can give anyone who falls into this category is to seek help from a professional. Pearce has several trainers and instructors on staff who are more than willing to get you started and answer all your fitness questions. We even have a very knowledgeable nutritionist on staff who not only talks the talk, but walks the walk. Megan O'Reilly can help guide you in the right direction concerning food and nutrition. Between energetic trainers, instructors, and a top notch nutritionist, you've got all the resources you need to get started on your healthy journey.

Stop what you're doing right now and decide to make a change that will improve your quality of life. Whether that means adding some much needed exercise or deciding to improve your diet, your health is too important to ignore. Don't wait! The time is now to make healthy habits a permanent part of your life. If this means your laundry doesn't get folded so you can get a quick workout in, you have my blessing! Make this the day you take charge of your health! NOW is the time! #doitnow #motivated #whynotnow

No comments:

Post a Comment